Spring is coming!

This weekend my family will come over for an Easter Brunch, so I made a flower centerpiece to fill the table. 

What you need:
Jar
Small vase that fits through the opening of the jar
Tulips
Daffodils

First I cut the tulips off about 10cm under their head. To stop them from growing, I pierced a little hole just under their head with a needle. 

I filled a jar with water and arranged the tulip heads in a circle along the edges of the jar. 

Then I put the daffodils in the vase and the vase in the jar before they were blooming, so the flowers wouldn't break off because they were too big. After two days the daffodils started to bloom and now the centerpiece is ready to show off.  


~*~

After some vain hope a couple of times I think spring is finally coming to Western Europe. Only a bit of cold weather in the forecast for this weekend and then temperatures will rise, I hope. In my garden some of the flowers came up weeks ago, but only started blooming this week. 





Comments

  1. Very pretty. I just brought some tulips inside. It makes me yearn for more of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty and that little bunny certainly put a big smile on my face! Thanks for sharing with the Easter Joys link party.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I didn't know that trick to stop tulips from growing! Very pretty arrangement :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea you could keep tulips from growing. This is a wonderful centerpiece. Thank you so very much for linking to the Spring and Easter Joys party. Have a very Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many pretty flowers! Thanks so much for sharing at The Spring and Easter Joys Link Party!
    https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, as someone who normally just bungs the daffs in a vase I'm always on the look out for simple but clever ideas to up my flower arranging game!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Air Mail

Crochet Bag