Another Pencil Skirt from Gertie's Book

A couple of weeks ago I showed you the pencil skirt I made from Gertie's Book for Better Sewing. It was a bit too wide and there where more things I wasn't entirely happy with, so I decided to make another one and ordered new fabric soon after that. And now the new one is finished, so here it is!




Fits perfect this time and I love the green! 

You may think I wear pencil skirts all the time, because in my 'What to wear with...' section I showed pencil skirts most of the time, but no, such isn't the case. Quite the opposite, actually. Since I have to change clothes at work (OR-nurse) I mostly wear easy changable clothes. Easy changeable as in Vans, jeans and hoodie (winter) or T-shirt (summer). The skirts and dresses are for the rest of the days. 

www.betweennapsontheporch.net

Comments

  1. Very beautiful skirt,Liz.I like the green colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job! the green is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous color! I love wearing pencil skirts too even if I rarely do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I adore pencil skirts- I'm a new sewer and haven't tackled any wearables yet, but pencil skirts are on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristina! Pencil Skirts are easy to make! Perfect project for a beginning sewer!

      Delete
  5. I also love the color. I made a Gertie pencil skirt a while back and love it and want to make another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same here! Al my pretty clothes, skirts and dresses feel neglected... But if you need to change clothes within an hour after putting them on in the morning pants and a sweater are much easier! But love the skirt, i've been wanting to make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hooking up to Snickerdoodle Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do the best creations!!!! hugs and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute skirt! I love that color! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute skirt. I love the color! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have to get a hold of this pattern. Love the cut of the skirt! Thanks so much for sharing your cute pencil skirt on Project Inspire{d} last week. You were featured today! http://www.sillypearl.com/2013/11/project-inspired-link-party-sewing.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp