Fall Whoopie Cakes

Although I really like summer also, I really love the start of fall. The sunny days  you still have in september, the light, the smell of moist and rotten leaves in the morning, the glistening spiderwebs, the orange and burgundy colors, and most of all the apple, nuts and pumpkin recipes that pop up everywhere. 

I found the most delicious recipes for pumpkin whoopie cakes filled with buttercream at Shopgirl. I changed the recipe somewhat to my likes and to what's in store here in The Netherlands.

What you need:
* cakemix
* ingredients that are mentioned on your cakemix box (eggs, butter, etc)
* 1/2 box of frozen pumpkin
* tablespoon speculaas spices (mix of nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger)
* 50 grams of icing sugar
* 100 grams cream cheese
* 50 grams of unsalted butter

Preheat oven at 200 degrees Celsius.

Defrost and mash the pumpkin. Proces the cakemix as told on the box and mix one tablespoon of speculaas spices and the mashed pumpkin through the batter.

Cover the baking tin with baking paper and with a spoon make little mountains of batter on the paper sheath. Bake for about 15 minutes.

Mix cream cheese, sugar and butter together until smooth. Take two cakes, put some cream cheese filling between them and press together.

And then: EAT!



The enormous pine apple is found by my friend in France and the Crochet Cat Pumpkin is made by me last year.



~*~

I was featured again!! This time by Who Needs A Cape?. They featured my Cowgirl Gilet.


Thanks, Bevin!

Who Needs a Cape?  Linky

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I Pinned it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These whoopie pies look fantastic - I love the combination of pumpkin and cream cheese! I'd be thrilled if you'd come on over to Pink Recipe Box and link up at Creative Wednesdays: http://pinkrecipebox.com/creative-wednesdays-with-pink-recipe-box-12

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinning to my Fall Abundance board for all the Pumpkin lovers in my family! Thanks for sharing at the Fluster Buster Party, Lizy your party co host

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound great! Thank you for linking up this week at Sewlicious Home Decor! :)

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have checked a few posts. Like your blog. Full of great ideas.
    New follower :-) (Bloglovin)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delicious!! Thanks for linkin up to Sunday FUNday! I'll be featuring you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Thanks for sharing with Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp